Stock Available in quantity
Grade 5 Titanium Nylon-Insert Locknuts in #6-32 threads and available in 8 colors including:
- Rose Gold,
- Light Blue,
- Black and
- Natural Titanium (silver).
The Nylon insert in these nuts grips the mating threads to resist loosing due to vibration. The nuts are re-useable but as they will loose holding power each time they are re-used. These nuts are lighter than most grade 5 alternatives because Titanium has a very high strength to weight ratio. Ti forms a natural oxide layer in air like Alumimum which makes if very stable and resistant to additional oxidation / rust. These nuts will not corrode or tarnish over time.
Our nuts are custom manufactured for Pinball-Mods.com. Unlike the Aluminum nuts offered by other pinball vendors; our Titanium nuts will not have thread stripping issues because this titanium material is actually stronger than most steel alloys used in pinball machines.
Unlike Aluminum; the Titanium anodizing process does not use dyes to achieve the color. When Titanium Oxide (TiO2) is created on the surface of Ti; it is mostly transparent. The thickness of the TiO2 is usually less than 600nm thick and the thickness determines the appearance of color thru reflected light. This interference pattern limits the colors available with the most obvious missing primary color being Red. Currently, mankind has not figured out how to get the oxide layer to absorb any wavelength of light. To get primary red; the oxide layer would need to absorb the blue wavelengths while passing red.
Example Installations (STNG - before):
Light Blue (STNG):
Light Blue (Stern Star Trek LE):
Precautions for using these nuts:
- The TiO2 "color layer" is very thin. These nuts will stand up to nut drivers and wrenches; but you should exercise care when installing them. Scratching off the very thin layer is easy if you get into a rush. We recommend using a latex glove or some other material to protect the nut's thin oxide layer from installation tooling.
- Monkey-tight; not gorilla tight. While the threads are stronger than the steel threads you're likely mounting to; excessive force runs the risk of actually damaging the oxide color layer rather than stripping the threads on your new nuts.
- Titanium is not magnetic. A magnetic nut driver will not aid you in installation.
- Do not attempt to polish these colored nuts; this will reduce the TiO2 thickness and alter the color/appearance.
- #6-32 thread (UNC)
- 5/16 (W) x 11/64 (H) inches (5/16" or 8mm nut driver)
- color dyed Nylon inserts
- Titanium is light weight; expensive to machine. Compare to other Titanium Grade 5.
- Comes in packs of 2 or 3 to fit many Slingshot plastic configurations.
Please check your game to ensure your slings use #6-32 nuts. Known Game configurations:
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - 6 qty #6-32, 3 per side
- Stern Star Trek - 2 qty #6-32, 1 per side, lower. 2 qty #8-32 upper, 1 per side (#8 not currently offered)
No refunds on used hardware. Will accept returns with restocking fee only if these have not been installed.